Robotic Abrasive Waterjet Cutting Systems supplied by Dynamic Robotic Solutions provide an efficient alternative to conventional machining methods such as sawing, shearing, punching and milling as well as thermal processes including laser and plasma cutting for deburring and cutting castings, forged parts and composite components.
Abrasive Cutting Systems
How It Works
In this method, abrasive particles (usually Garnet or Olivine) are added to the water and accelerated in the high pressure waterjet in the nozzles mixing chamber. The abrasive waterjet can cut any material (by micro erosion). The water stream does not cause a heat effect on the kerf edge and hence the material is not subject to heat distortion or stress.
Benefits with Abrasive Cutting
- No heat affected zone, hardening or stress in the material
- Efficient material utilization, small kerf width
- Omni-directional cutting of contours
- Limited cutting force on the part, only simple and cost effective fixtures
- Rapid and easy prototyping
- Simple design changes
- Flexible process allowing just in time manufacturing
- No secondary finishing is needed